Roadmap and Developer Log
2019/05/23 7:30 UTC
New icons for diagrams.
Added new symbols for the diagrams. These can be found on branch version v0.1.
- Basic shapes like spheres, cylinders, ...
- Network symbols: cloud, atm, terminal servers, virtual routers, vxlan, mpls, ...
- Clients: users, laptops, desktops.
Next: I'll continue adding more symbols: finish, clients, then servers types and security devices.
2019/04/26 13:36 UTC
New device basic icons and floor shapes.
I've added a few new features and fixes:
- The shapes of floors can now be changed. I've added 4 options: ground, platform, floating platform, no border.
- Reorganize the "Add Device" menu to accomodate the future increase of shapes. So now, when adding new devices, there are some categories: basic shapes, network devices, servers, clients or security devices. Within these categories, we will add different shapes to identify different type of devices.
- Basic shapes are now available. Cubes, cones, cylinders, ...
- Device shapes that are still not available will appear with question marks and if used, they will for now, be shown as cubes. As soon as these shapes are available, they will change into the right shape.
- Some improvements have been added to the GUI, like better reaction to interaction with sliders.
- Bug fixes. When changed the height of floors, some shapes were not correctly placed. When rotating a floor, connections where not correctly redrawn.
2019/04/13 7:53 UTC
New features on our network diagrams.
Latest changes have been deployed on the app. This includes:
- Devices can now store information on vlan, svi, vrf and loopback interfaces.
- Links, can now store the interfaces they are associated with, as well as layer 2 and layer 3 information
- Some improvements onto the windowing system like description of the different fields.
- Fixed some bugs.
I will be dedicated now, for a period of time in adding new symbols to diagrams. New type of network devices, servers, security devices, ...
After that, I'll move onto the auto-generated L3 network diagram and then, support for network protocols.
2019/04/10 23:23 UTC
Vlans, L2 and L3 Interface and VRFs.
I am currently working on giving support to defining the vlans, svi, loopback and L2, L3 interface on the network diagrams. I expect this to be ready by end of this week. So most likely, it will be published this weekend.
Once this is ready, I'll proceed to work on two parts:
- Semi Auto-generated L3 diagrams based on the data configured on the L2 diagram.
- Add new symbols. I still have to decide what new symbols can be most useful. Probably, more types of network devices, servers and security appliances. If you have any sugestion, let me know.
2019/04/01 23:23 UTC
Networkmaps. The open source online diagram editor.
These are the features that, on a high level, I expect or would like to have on this tool:
- Edit network diagrams using a browser. Accessible from anywhere at anytime.
- The tool should allow for several people to collaborate at the same time on the same network diagram.
- Edit all features of a network on the L2 view. The elements of the L3 view should be automatically generated, leaving to the user the placement of these elements
- There should be an api to access all functions so it is easy to automatically create network diagrams based on existing data.
- Anyone can get the source code and have the tool running on a server of their own.
- (this is more a wish) Once a diagram is created, the tool should be able to generate configurations for the different devices on the diagram for several vendors.
- Secure. Support for HTTPS or HTTP. User authentication and authorization. Diagrams should only be accessible for whoever the owner wants.
If there are more features you'd like to see, send me an email.